Babies! We love them!
But babies can get hungry anytime anywhere! And for babies younger than 6 month, breastmilk is the only source of nutrition if you are breastfeeding! Its impractical to expect mothers to stay in the house only for such long periods!
As soon as baby is born they will need round the clock feeding! But we all know, arrival of baby means arrival of visitors and well wishers who all want to see your bundle of joy! So here is an essential item every mother needs to add to her hospital bag for all those times when baby will not wait to be fed!
What is it you ask?
Its a NURSING COVER!
Once you have a baby, you will quickly learn to adapt. However your baby isn't there quite yet! They wont know that you are on the road or a park or the airport and they will be hungry and cry to be fed. We all know how rare it is to find breastfeeding stations or clean rooms to breastfeed in privacy in India. I also know mothers who go to the restrooms in malls or restaurants to feed babies!
It should not be this hard moms. You should breastfeed in public with confidence. And a nursing cover aids in just that!
What is a nursing cover?
Its essentially like a blanket that goes over one or both shoulders and covers the baby and your body upto your belly. This lets baby feed in peace while not compromising on privacy.
House of Zelena is introducing - INDIA'S FIRST EXCLUSIVE HONEYCOMB NURSING COVER COLLECTION!
Here are 5 reasons you need this nursing cover!
1. Nursing cover fosters bonding with your baby!
2. This nursing cover is multipurpose!
Mothers love all things multipurpose! And this one fits the bill! You can use it in a variety of ways!
- Use it as a cover while you breastfeed.
- Use it like a stylish top.
- You can cover spit ups / breastmilk leaks.
- You can use it to cover baby when he/she sleeps.
- It can act like a protective cover for baby when its cold.
3. Nursing cover provides calm distraction free environment for baby to feed!
4. You can move around even when you are feeding baby!
How many times have you seen mothers sitting for hours in the same position feeding baby?
Sometimes babies breastfeed to sleep and that time it can take a long time mother is confined to a position which can get very uncomfortable. I have a baby who would feed to sleep and there were days I could not do anything as breastfeeding took up all my time. This nursing cover comes to your rescue!
With its 360 degree coverage, it provides for the right fit on every occasion. The best part? This nursing cover is made with a stretchable poly-cotton blend that can accommodate all body sizes comfortably. Its memory feature ensures it bounces back to its original position, providing a snug fit that stays in place during feeding!
So get up, move around, take a short walk, this nursing cover gives you the freedom to move!
5. Lets admit - Nursing covers look so stylish!
How do I choose the right nursing cover?
Here are some tips to help you choose!
- Good quality soft fabric with high breathability.
- Provides you full coverage, till your belly and stays in place when you move around.
- Is easy to wash and maintain.
- Retains its shape.
- Ensures baby can see you so they feel safe.
- Light weight and easy to fold so you can easily carry it around!
- Versatile and multipurpose in use.
- Super stylish and yet afforadable.
A good nursing cover needs to provide adequate coverage - from front, sides and back - so that you are comfortable breastfeeding in public. Which is why we have put in so much effort to provide you with the best while still keeping up with fashion!
Wondering what to next?
Subscribe to our exclusive Zactive mom community which is a vibrant community of like minded mothers!
Like this article?
Share it with your friends and family and follow us on Youtube and Instagram for more on pregnancy and motherhood!
Want us to interview you on your birthing experience?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line - “Hand that rocks the Cradle”.
Follow House of Zelena on Youtube for more videos on pregnancy, birthing and motherhood!