Congratulations on your pregnancy! As you embark on this new chapter of your life, it's important to be aware of your rights and benefits as an expectant employee. And thus, it is important to have open and honest communication with your HR department. In this blog, we will explore important questions to ask your HR regarding maternity policies when you get pregnant or planning to get pregnant, ensuring you have a smooth transition and a positive work experience. We understand the importance of clarity and support during this time, so let's explore these questions together.
10 Questions to Ask HR About Maternity Policy
1. What is the duration of maternity leave?
2. When can I take maternity leave?
3. What is my company's maternity policy?
4. What will happen to my job position after I come back from maternity leave?
5. Is there a designated space in the office for breastfeeding?
6. Are there any wellness programs or initiatives aimed at supporting the health and well-being of pregnant employees?
7. Can I extend my maternity leave with unpaid leave if needed?
8. Is there flexible work timing or options for remote work available after my maternity leave?
9. How does the company handle medical insurance coverage for maternity-related expenses?
10. How to apply and what documents will be needed?
Remember, these questions will help you gather important information and ensure a smooth transition during your pregnancy. Open and transparent communication with your HR department during pregnancy is vital. By asking the right questions you can gain clarity on important matters and rights as an employee. It enables you to take well-informed decisions. Enjoy this new chapter of your life with some stress free pre-planning and well planned pregnancy.
Watch our insightful videos on - “Garbhsanskar, PPD, Tips & Advices for new moms & much more..”- to prepare yourself on this wonderful journey of motherhood!